Tuesday 8 February 2011

Some more strycsitten images

Once you start looking for strycsittens, you will notice them everywhere. I have found some more images in some of my books: one German style strycsitten.and three French types. Again most of the strycsittens are placed before the hearth.


This is a German type from a painting. The original is from the Bayerische Landesambt für Denkmalpflege, München, Germany.

This miniature is from  the Pierpont Morgan Library Ms 705. Le mortifiement de vaine plaissance by Rene I, duke of Anjou, third quarter 15th century. 

 This miniature is from the Le livre des trois vertus by Christine le Pisan, 15th century. Bernicke rare book and manuscript library, Yale university, Ms 427.


This miniature I  found in one of my medieval cookbooks. I have no idea of the origin of this miniature. 


German type strycsitten from first half of the 16th century. 
Pine wood, height 85 cm, depth 42 cm, length 116 cm. Tiroler Volkskunstmuseum, inv.nr.20265.



No comments:

Post a Comment